The wonton soup, an amazing Asian soup, is a go-to choice for people when temperatures start dropping down. You can easily make this wonton soup by using some wonton wrapper that is squares of fresh egg noodle dough boiled, fried, or baked. The dough used to make these wrappers need to be soft and easy to fold, and it easily gets sealed to itself when pitched. You can easily find wonton soup wrappers from the grocery stores, especially the ones having Asian specialty food. Below, you will find the amazing Asian soup recipe to try at home.
Asian Soup Recipe – Try Delicious Wonton Soup At Home
The preparation time required is around 10 minutes, while the total time required to complete this Asian soup recipe is 30 minutes.
- ⅔ pound ground pork
- Two tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- Two tablespoons soy sauce
- One tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- One tablespoon cornstarch
- One tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ cup water
- One garlic clove
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- One packet of squared wonton wrappers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Two tablespoons soy sauce
- Two pieces of peeled ginger
- Two smashed garlic cloves
- ¼ tablespoon sesame oil
- Two tablespoons sliced green onions required for garnish
Methods To Make The Wonton Soup With The Amazing Asian Soup Recipe
- Take a large bowl and mix pork, soy sauce, vinegar, chives, ginger, cornstarch, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and sesame oil until it fully incorporates.
- Make use of your finger and wet the edges of the wonton wrappers properly with water. You have prepared the pork filling, and now is the time to fill it in the wonton wrapper center. Fold the wonton in half diagonal pattern to create a triangle and eventually seal the edges. Fold the identical corners on each other and press them again to seal the wonton wrap. Repeat the same method to fill all the wonton wrappers.
- Give a boil to all the soup ingredients and keep it on simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the ginger and garlic cloves and bring the soup again to boil. Lower the wontons in and cook them for 10 minutes more. Serve the dish in bowls and garnish them with green onions.
The above given Asian soup recipe is quite easy to make and is satisfying. You can boil your wontons in a separate pot to keep your broth clear. Once your wontons tend to float, you can shift them to the prepared chicken broth. Also, you would be having a concern if you can freeze your wontons in the fridge. Yes, you can do it; you can freeze the wontons when they are uncooked by keeping them in air-tight containers to avoid any freeze burn in them. You can cook them easily after they are frozen as they would only ask for one or two more minutes of cooking time.