Do you chicken is blah? Then the Chinese recipe for chicken will make you think again. Once you make these chicken dishes and taste them, you cannot go over them.
They are easy to make and you can get them ready within 1 hour maximum. So, without talking much, let us start with the recipe.
Chinese Recipe For Chicken With Pineapple
This old school recipe may sound weird, but it is utterly delicious. The combination of cashews, pineapple, chicken, and jalapenos add the perfect crunchiness and spiciness to this Chinese dish.
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Serving – 4
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Boneless and skinless chicken thighs – 1 pound, cut into small pieces
- Salt – as needed
- Black pepper powder – as needed
- Cornstarch – 2 tsp
- Pineapple chunks – 1 cup
- Cashews – ¼ cup
- Jalapeno – ½, minced
- Hoisin sauce – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup, low sodium
- Pineapple juice – ¾ cup
- Red bell pepper – 1, chopped
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Green onions – cut into slices, for garnishing
- Lime wedges – for serving
- Cooked white rice – for serving
How To Make
- Put a skillet on medium heat and pour the oil. As it is hot, add the chicken pieces and sprinkle salt and black pepper powder. Fry for about 5 minutes and add the chopped bell pepper. Let them cook for about 3 minutes.
- Put a saucepan on medium heat and pour the pineapple juice. Now mix brown sugar, soy sauce and hoisin sauce, minced garlic and jalapeno. Let them simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix 2 tsp of water with cornstarch in a small bowl and add this into the saucepan. As the sauce starts to become thick, switch off the heat.
- Add this sauce to the chicken along with the cashews and pineapple. Let them cook for only 2 minutes and transfer on a serving plate. Add green onions and lime wedges on the top and serve the tasty pineapple chicken with white rice.
Chinese Recipe For Chicken With Bourbon Whiskey
The amalgamation of bourbon whiskey and Asian sauce takes this dish to another level. Make it and taste it yourself.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 45 minutes
Serving – 4
- Chicken thigh – 1 ½ pound
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Red rice vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Bourbon whiskey – 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 2 slices
- Green onion – 1
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
How To Make
- Take a baking dish of 9*13 inches and put the chicken thighs on it.
- Mix red rice vinegar, bourbon whiskey, soy sauce, brown sugar and olive oil in a bowl. Add the green onions, crushed garlic and ginger and mix with the sauce. Pour this concoction over the chicken thighs.
- Now cover the baking dish and keep it in the fridge for about 5 hours. It is better if you can keep them overnight. You can flip over the chicken thighs so that all the sides of chicken get well marinated.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Insert the baking dish and let the chicken bake for around 45 minutes.
- When done, serve hot on a plate.