Today I am going to teach you pan-fried cod with dressing. This recipe is quick to make and tastes delicious. You can serve this for parties or your casual dinners. Your guests will love this recipe. Do try this out. It is super easy to make and also takes less time to prepare.
Ingredients For Dressing
- 60 ml light soya sauce (I always prefer light instead of dark)
- 40 ml rice vinegar
- One punch five-spice powder
- You can use 40-80ml of sesame oil, and I prefer 40 ml because more sesame oil kills the flavor of the fish.
- Salt and pepper according to taste.
- One spring onion finely shredded.
- One finely chopped red chili.
Now comes the turn of the fish.
- 6-8 fish fillets around 200-250 gm.
- Plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 1 tbsp butter.
These were the key ingredients. Now I will show you how to make this fantastic recipe.
For the dressing, boil the soya sauce, vinegar, and five-spice powder together. Now mix it with the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
Now keep it aside for a while. Take a new bowl and mix the spring onions with chili. Lightly coat the fish fillets with the seasoned flour.
Now heat the knob of butter on a frying pan for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked. Reheat the dressing and the onions and chili cook for 2-3 minutes.
The dish is ready. Now serve the fish with the dressing on top of it. This recipe is one of the best Asian codfish recipes you can ever get online.
Essential Tips While Making This Recipe
- I prefer using soul fish, and this one is expensive but worth it.
- It’s the purest kind of fish readily available in the market and has a great texture and smoothness.
- Generally, other fishes are used in restaurants, but they will serve it if you mention them to serve the soul.
- You can use soya sauce according to your taste and the smoothness you want in this dish.
- If you are short of spring onions, you can also use cabbage or regular onions.
- If you want to add any other vegetable, you can do that according to taste.
- Always keep in mind that salt and pepper should be added nicely and not more.
- First, add less than the taste of the dish and keep the flavor according to your taste.
- Instead of plain flour, you can also coat the fish with bread crumbs or besan or in any other way you like.
- You can also make other recipes with the same ingredients and try discovering something new.
- The taste preferences of everyone are different. You can also serve the dish with some mayonnaise or hunched, instead of soya sauce.
- Change the style, and you can also add chili flakes or oregano as a seasoning on the top.
- Instead of five-spice powder, you can also make powder at home or add meat masala or fish masala, readily available at the stores.
- Always keep lovely crockery at home to serve these dishes as it increases the ambiance and excitement to eat the dish.
These were the tips through which you can make this recipe or discover new ones. I hope you like this one. Try any of these, and do let us know.